Thursday, November 6, 2008

This I Believe...

In class we talked about what we believe in. I believe that it is important for us to live in the present. We should concentrate on the present and not constantly look to the future or dwell on the past. There will always be more chances in the future or times you could have done better in the past. We should take opportunities as they come; you will never know if an opportunity will ever come again.

An example of this would be a football team. If they lose a game during the season, they must put that game behind them and try to win their next game. The only thing that matters when you are playing a game is that game, not the weeks before or after. In playoff games you especially have to focus on that game only, or you will not get to play any more games. We also have to account for injuries. They are totally unpredictable and can happen at any time, so you have to play every play like it could be your last.

These concepts should be applied to real life. Time tends to fly past and we must learn to enjoy what we are doing; we must seize the moment.

4 comments:

  1. Kevin-
    I loved your blog!!!!!! ...and you are so right! People need to stop dwelling on the past and worrying about the future. ...and if we don't how will the world get any where. For example our math tests. :( If I got upset every time I didn't do as well on a test as I would have like (or as well as you always do) and if I never learned to look past it, then how would I do better on the next test. I would still be too upset over the last test so I wouldn't be able to move on and start fresh in the next unit. And you and I both know how sad that would be because I love math!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, if we live in the future or in the past we aren't living life. We must live in the here and now so we can experience the things that are happening in our lives and have new experiences and acheive greater things. If we dwell on the past, we will have no time to make a better future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I 100% agree with this because if your not living in the present your going to miss so much that is going on around you. Though it is important to set goals for the future and look back on memories of the past the most important thing is living your life in the present.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right. We must think of the present. It sounds a little wierd, but it's true. We have to think of the present and just forget the past. We can't change anything about the past. We just gotta keep pushing and pushing for what's going on now. Good reference with the football team too.

    ReplyDelete